The breakdown of a relationship or marriage is traumatic and stressful with many complex issues to negotiate. Successful negotiations can ensure minimal suffering for any of the parties involved but this is extremely difficult to achieve without seeking professional advice and assistance.
Parke Corporation’s Divorce.info online platform (coming soon) answers many of the questions raised during relationship breakdown and is a conduit for practical, common-sense advice which can save a lot of stress, not to mention costs. Divorce.info is backed by the legal expertise of the experienced team at Parke Lawyers.
Before going down the path of separation there are many questions that need to be answered and this is where Divorce.info comes in. If you have any questions or would like to find out how to obtain appropriate advice, Divorce.info will answer many of your questions.
10 things to consider if you’re separating
- Seek legal advice early – discuss the immediate issues and know where you stand.
- Take care of yourself – manage your mental health and reach out for help.
- Put your children first – talk with them about separation without involving them in your conflict.
- Contact the Child Support Agency and/or Centrelink.
- Secure your privacy – change your passwords and your email address, redirect your post, review or shut down your social media accounts.
- Take possession of important personal items and documents, for example passports, birth certificates, medical records and school reports.
- Gather any documents relevant to your case – for example bank records, superannuation statements, details of investments.
- Formalise your parenting or property agreement with a legally enforceable document – move forward with certainty.
- Make a new Will and Power of Attorney.
- Review the beneficiaries listed in your insurance policies or superannuation funds.
Legal advice essential
If you decide to separate, you and your partner will need to make various important decisions about your children and property with practical, considered, legal advice essential. The dedicated family lawyers at Parke Lawyers, the backbone of the information advisory website Divorce.info, understand that every dollar counts. You will be given realistic estimates of likely costs at every stage of proceedings and the opportunity, if you wish, to engage us on a fixed-fee basis.
The team has sound knowledge and experience, providing high quality advice and representation in all aspects of family law. This experience allows the team to resolve almost all family law matters with a suitable agreement between both parties. In the event that an agreement is not possible, we provide you with expert representation in court.
The family lawyers have vast experience in successfully conducting court cases in the Federal Circuit Court of Australia, Family Court of Australia, State Supreme Courts and the High Court of Australia. The team can advise, negotiate and, where necessary, represent you in court proceedings regarding:
- Parenting issues;
- Child support;
- Family violence;
- Property settlement;
- Spousal maintenance;
- Pre-nuptial agreements and binding financial agreements;
- De facto disputes; and
- Collaborative family law.
Parke Lawyers provides comprehensive advice about your legal rights, entitlements and obligations and the different options available to settle any matters on which you and your partner disagree.
For more information call 134 134 or visit https://pl.com.au/